First Presbyterian Church believes that learning is a life-long process. Therefore, we are committed to providing educational experiences for a variety of ages, styles, and interests. We offer classes for adults each week. Classes for children, youth, and young adults are offered on the First Sunday of each month. Sunday school for young children is offered during worship.
Our Education and Nurture Committee oversees the development, staffing, and planning of our Sunday school classes. Meetings are held on the first Sunday of the month at 12:15 pm immediately following worship. Please feel free to contact any member if you have questions, ideas or suggestions!
Ministries of the church include:
- Bell Choir – Wednesdays, 6:30 PM
- Bible Study – Wednesdays, 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM, church chapel
- Children’s Choir and Bells – part of Children’s Church, Sunday mornings
- Children’s Sunday School – part of Sunday worship, 11 AM
- Christmas Eve Worship – December 24, 5 PM and 11 PM
- Church School – Sundays, 9:45 AM – 10:45 AM, short-term adult studies; special Sundays for Youth
- Confirmation Class – for youth grades 7 and up, special schedule
- Gallery Choir – Wednesdays, 7:30 PM, Sundays, 10 AM
- Holy Week Services – 6 PM Maundy Thursday, noon on Good Friday
- Kids’ Club – 2 Sundays/month, 4 PM – 5:30 PM, preschool– Grade 5
- Knitting Ministry – Tuesdays, 2 PM at the church
- Lenten Suppers and Studies – Wednesdays in Lent, 5:45 PM supper, 6:30 PM study
- Men’s Breakfast – 1st Tuesday of month, 8 AM, Chick-fil-a on Hwy 70.
- Men’s Night Out – at least 1x/year
- Prayer Labyrinth – in Memorial Garden for individual or group use
- Presbyterian Youth Connection – 2 Sundays/month, 5:00 PM – 7 PM, Grades 6-12
- Presbyterian Women – 6 circles, various days & times, 1st week of month
- Trunk or Treat – closest Sunday to Halloween, church parking lot
- Time for Young Disciples – part of Sunday worship, 11 AM
- Vacation Bible School – 9 AM – noon, Monday – Thursday, week in June