Rev. Travis Allen is a lifelong Presbyterian who loves God and loves people. Always interested in making others feel welcome, he brings energy and compassion to his friendships and ministry settings. Travis is married to Sydne, also a Minister of the Word & Sacrament, and together, they are raising 3 sons: Barrett (5), Henry (4), and Eli (14 months). Travis has served churches in the Mississippi Delta and the Texas Panhandle. He first felt God’s call to parish ministry as a high school student while serving as a Ruling Elder in his home church.
While serving congregations as a Youth Director, Co-Associate Pastor, and Co-Pastor, he has found a deep passion for serving the wider Church through presbytery service and as leadership for various conferences. As often as he is able, Travis heads outdoors: to hunt and fish, teach his children how to garden, relax at the beach, and taking walks with Sydne (on the beach, if possible).
· Columbia Theological Seminary with a Master of Divinity, May 2011
· Texas A&M University with a BS in Agricultural Leadership and Development May 2008
· Co-Pastor (with wife Sydne) at First Presbyterian Church.
· Associate Pastor of Youth Ministry at Eastminster Presbyterian Church in Stone Mountain, GA
· Director of Youth Ministry at First Presbyterian Church in Bryan, TX